Holy Trinity Church
The Holy Trinity Church, consecrated in the year 1852, is a remnant of Nuwara Eliya’s colonial past. Located on Church Road, not too far from the Grand Hotel, the church is famed for its English village abbey feel. In fact, the church was also visited by Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh in 1954. The Royals were so smitten with the church’s quaint atmosphere, that they even donated a stained-glass window and a blue carpet.