The last kingdom capital of independent Sri Lanka beckons with history, culture and an ancient, revered relic of Buddhism.
Nestled in the central hill country of Sri Lanka, the city of Kandy has a long and fascinating past. It has played an important role in the politics, history and culture of the country, and has the distinction of being the last bastion of independent Sri Lanka, fighting off European invaders for at least 300 years. Today, the city welcomes visitors with warm hospitality and a treasure trove of delightful experiences and places to see.
❂ Don’t Miss
- Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Historic and Colonial Heritage Sites
- Nature Walks and Hikes
- Ideal time to visit is during November and early April.
- Plan your visit between July and August to view the Kandy Perahera.
- Remember to cover your shoulders and legs when visiting religious sites in Sri Lanka.