Jaffna offers unique cultural, religious, historical and culinary experiences that should not be missed!
Located on the northernmost end of Sri Lanka, Jaffna is a city shrouded in folklore dating back to ancient times. The city was also a significant location for the European nations that colonized Sri Lanka for over 400 years. Its more recent history is one of endurance in the face of severe hardship, as the city was a battlefield during the country’s 30-year ethnic conflict.
Today, the city of Jaffna is developing rapidly and welcomes visitors to experience its unique cultural sites, delicious cuisine and warm hospitality.
❂ Don’t Miss
- Culture & History Unique to the Region
- Stunning Kovils (Hindu Temples)
- Delightful Jaffna Cuisine
- Take the train from Colombo Fort to Jaffna.
- Travel around the city in tuk tuks, which are easily accessible.
- April is usually the hottest month in the region.